lang suggestion for XSLT1.1 was Re: [xsl] select lang attribute problem

Subject: lang suggestion for XSLT1.1 was Re: [xsl] select lang attribute problem
From: cutlass <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:53:16 +0000

I don't understand what you mean by 'solution at the top level of xsl'?

With your XML, you could use:

<xsl:template match="test">
   <xsl:if test="not(@xml:lang) or @xml:lang = $lang">
      <xsl:value-of select="." />
   </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

thx for all the help, by top level i quess i meant not having to do a 2 pass solution.

As we are on discussing XSLT1.1, here is a slight suggestion.

why not add a lang attribute to <xsl:document> which performs lang test filter for output

<xsl:document href="test.html" method="html" lang="en">
</xsl:document>

i think all too often that seriously dealing with multiple languages is akin to writing printer device drivers,
incredibly important, overlooked, and usually done by very few people; but used by everyone.

I would like to see a bit more language support within future versions of XSLT.

any comments ?

cheers, jim fuller