RE: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

Subject: RE: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:07:29 -0800
I see that there is no place to disagree with this petition, and I do so
disagree!

So long as it's not a proprietary language and it's either light-weight
enough to move around the web readily or so broadly installed as to be
ubiquitous (like javascript for better or worse), then I favor a script tag.
Note that since Java is still esentially a proprietary language, that would
preclude it's being a choice for me. I would much rather see bindings for
Unicode aware vendor neutral languages like Javascript, Python, Tcl and
(soon) Pearl (last I heard, Pearl's support for unicode was still in the
future). Of course, this will never happen given the membership of the W3C
and their proprietary language interests (i'm surprised that VB isn't a
mandated language).

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc