RE: [xsl] xml:output encoding as iso-8859-1 always comes out as UTF- 16

Subject: RE: [xsl] xml:output encoding as iso-8859-1 always comes out as UTF- 16
From: "Andrew Kimball" <akimball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:44:57 -0800
If the object you're trying to write into implements IStream or
ISequentialStream, you can use:

xmlDOMSource.transformNodeToObject(xmlDOMHTMLStyle, myts)

This will send an unmodified stream of bytes (encoded as you requested)
to your output stream (using IStream::Write).  Using transformNode must
first convert to a BSTR, which is a string rather than a stream of
bytes.

If you only need to do a batch-mode transformation, you can use the
MSXSL command-line tool (which handles encodings as you expect).  This
can be downloaded from http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp.
Click on Web Development/XML/XSL/MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation
Utility.

~Andy Kimball
MSXSL Dev