RE: [xsl] xslt, script, attribute as parameter

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt, script, attribute as parameter
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 19:42:10 -0000
Phil,
I knew I'd seen this question somewhere.
It's a strange error. It should be object doesn't support this property or
method.
Here is a little .js test i knocked up. Paste it into test.js and the xml to
test.xml and doubleclick test.js

var x = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
x.async = false
x.validateOnParse = false;
x.setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath");
x.load("test.xml");
var a = x.selectSingleNode("/person/name/@att");
WScript.echo(HiDude(a));

function HiDude(_attrVal)		{
	var strOut 	= _attrVal.nodeValue;
	return strOut.indexOf( "b", 0 );
}

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<person>
    <name att="joe bloggs"></name>
</person>

When you get it how you want it paste the function into your stylesheet.
You don't need a new String everything is a variant. Stop thinking java.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml