RE: [xsl] XSL2HTML & Javascript

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL2HTML & Javascript
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:13:14 -0000
>    I am trying to convert an XML file containing some
> questions, in HTML
> format using XSL. My problem/question starts when pull-down menus and
> forms are involved in HTML. So, the question:

Do you know exactly what HTML you want to generate? If you do, then the XSLT
you write depends only on the structure of that HTML, and doesn't need to
know anything about what the HTML tags actually mean. If you don't, then
it's a good idea to develop the HTML first, by hand, before you start
writing the XSLT to produce it; and to express questions on this list in
terms of the target HTML syntax, not the user-visible behaviour.

Mike Kay