Re: [xsl] FXPath v0.3 + SAXON Implementation

Subject: Re: [xsl] FXPath v0.3 + SAXON Implementation
From: "David Rosenborg" <david.rosenborg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:32:38 +0100
Hi Dave,

> I'm *guessing* that the function evaluates to the application
> of the expression to the node value.
> If the 'expression' is something like contains(.,'P')
> is it possible to apply that expression within the moded template?
>  Or am I wrong again?

Function application is not so dynamic in XPath/FXPath.
You cannot convert the $expr string into an expression which gets evaluated. You would
have to test for the string value of $expr value as in

<xsl:template match="*" mode="com:eval">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$expr = '.'">
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
    </xsl:when>

    <xsl:when test="starts-with ($expr, 'contains (.,')">
        <xsl:if test='contains (., substring-before (substring-after ($expr, "&apos;"), "&apos;"))'>true</xsl:if>
    </xsl:when>

This isn't particulary dynamic or scalable, but I believe this is the intended use of $expr in com:eval.

Cheers,

</David>

David Rosenborg
Pantor Engineering AB