RE: [xsl] Copy namespace definition to the result tree using xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] Copy namespace definition to the result tree using xslt
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:59:35 -0000
> I am not able to output the namespace definition to the result tree.
>
> The EXPECTED OUTPUT file from the XSLT file should look like this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> 	<transactions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema";>
> 	<mytesting>
> 		<xsd:schema
> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema";>
> <-- problem line

I don't see anything in your XSLT that outputs the <transactions> element,
but never mind. The xmlns:xsd declaration on your <xsd:schema> element is
completely redundant according to the XPath data model (you get the same
XPath tree whether it is there or not) and therefore an XSLT processor will
not normally generate it.

Mike Kay
Software AG