Re: [xsl] browsers with XSL capabilities

Subject: Re: [xsl] browsers with XSL capabilities
From: Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:27:08 +0000
On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Robert wrote:

> Could uyou point me to some.  I am looking for an editor that uses the same
> XSL to style the look for the editor and the end result and what the user
> would be editing is the actual XML content.  So what the editor sees will be
> what they get when it is in the final HTML.

Not XSL. In fact I don't know any typographic editor on any
platform that uses XSL as its native stylesheet format yet (I'd
would _love_ to try one out if one exists).

Editors for non-Win platforms include epcEdit, Epic, at least
three other European ones whose names escape me (one from
Luxembourg, one from Scandinavia, and one from France, all of
which I saw at the Paris XML show last year), Emacs
(non-typographic), and one or two data editors (one announced on
this list recently, I think).

I didn't realise you wanted WYSIWYG. XMetaL is the best balance
between price and capability I have seen yet: they know Linux
users want it, and I suspect they are waiting for WINE to come
up with the goodies...

///Peter, case-hardened Emacs/psgml user