[xsl] Strange intermittent exceptions from Xalan

Subject: [xsl] Strange intermittent exceptions from Xalan
From: Peter.FLYNN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:16:49 -0000
Hi,

I've been developing a Java application that uses XSL transformations.  This
is hosted within a servlet on BEA Weblogic 5.1.  I'm using Xalan for Java 2
(v2.0.0)

The problem is intermittent, and I haven't a clue as to why it would happen.
I am still trying to narrow if its a Weblogic problem or a Xalan problem,
and I wondered if any other XSL developers had come across anything similar.
I wouldn't mind, but its the sheer fact that it transforms sometimes, but
then fails.

The exception is:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Connection refused:
no further information
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Transformer
FactoryImpl.java:650)

The code is as follows:

URL xslURL = new URL("http://mymachine/servlet/xsl/testXSL.xsl";);
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslURL.toString()));

Has anyone else encountered the above exception, and was it also
intermittent?

Regards,
Peter