[xsl] How to determine the 'first' time a template has been called

Subject: [xsl] How to determine the 'first' time a template has been called
From: Chris Gow <cgow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:06:41 -0500
Hi All:

I was wondering if it is possible to determine if a template has been called previously. I would like to take a special action the first time the template is called. By called, I mean through an <xsl:call-template> tag. I would prefer not to use mode or a special parameter in this case.

TIA

Chris

The only person who ever got work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.