[xsl] XSL parameters blocked in Xalan

Subject: [xsl] XSL parameters blocked in Xalan
From: "Monte Hayward" <monte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:24:49 -0800
Whenever an error or stack trace is produced in my Java console window, subsequent efforts to set parameters in my Xalan XSLT
processor fail. This occurs with Xalan-J1.

/** abbreviated JavaBean source code */
public class XsltBean extends Object{
	/** the XSLTProcessor */
	private static org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor processor;

	public void setStylesheetParam(String name, String expression){
		processor.setStylesheetParam(name,expression);
	}
}

Since the Bean is shared by different Servlets and JSP pages, they set params such as URI and rowsPerPage right before each
transform. This works fine until there is any kind of error, such as an unrelated NullPointerException or a schema validation
message. Then the very next parameter set fails. After that, parameter setting will work again until the next Java error message.