Re: [xsl] internal DTD-subset and CDATA-section

Subject: Re: [xsl] internal DTD-subset and CDATA-section
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:14:14 GMT
   Hi;

   what could I write in my XSLT to output the following
   as part of the result:

   <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20001102//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/DTD/svg-20001102.dtd";
   [
   <!ENTITY fast-slow "0 0  .5 1">
   <!ENTITY slow-fast ".5 0  1 1">
   ]>
   <svg
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-19990812.dtd";
   xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; viewBox="0
   0 800 600">
   <![CDATA[
   .balls {font: 30pt arial}
   ]]></style>

   Tobi

You could use cdata-elements (perhaps)  but why on earth would you want
to do that? If you removed the  <![CDATA[ and the ]]> it would form
identical input to an XML parser*, so why bother putting them in?

David

* Well not quite true, DOM preserves CDATA info nut mainly just for
  editing purpuses, so you keep the file structure. Anu application
  using the XML as data should not care.