RE: [xsl] Write Java DOM build code with XSL?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Write Java DOM build code with XSL?
From: Nick Vincent <Nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:10:22 +0100
Eugene,

We have a piece of code that has to produce a known piece of XML very
frequently.  It seems to make more sense to convert that to native code
rather than invoke a parser every time.

Also, using the parser approach, you will get a DOM document in it's own
right as the result of parsing.  You might need to add the piece of known
XML into an existing document.  In the case of using a parser you would have
to clone the objects to move them into the new document, whereas with a
piece of java code you could specify the destination document as the factory
object for the code, and therefore would be able to add the resulting DOM
directly into the tree without cloning, removing etc.

I agree that this is probably a special-use case, but I was wondering
whether anyone had done this before, as I'll probably have to now :)

Thanks,

Nick