RE: [xsl] Saxon/Trax update problem ..

Subject: RE: [xsl] Saxon/Trax update problem ..
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:16:59 +0100

> Okay, problem that is driving me bananas - can someone help?
> I'm implementing XSL transformations via JSP using Saxon
> (version 6.0.2) via
> the Trax API. The problem I am having is that as soon as I
> update to Saxon
> 6.2.1 or 6.2.2 the transformations fail and return the
> following error:
>
> "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/icl/saxon/trax/Processor"

You possibly have the wrong version of jaxp.jar on your classpath. Saxon
6.2.2 was compiled with the current "final" version of JAXP, earlier
versions were compiled with an earlier and incompatible version.

But I'm not sure: com.icl.saxon.trax.Processor is a class that was included
in old versions of Saxon before JAXP came along. There must be a reference
to this class somewhere in your application.

Mike Kay