Re: [xsl] Accessing nth element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accessing nth element
From: Bharat.Chintapally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:30:42 -0400
I am sorry correction: I am not using for-each but I am using templates.
Should I switch to for-each with a selection to achieve what I am doing..

Thanks
--bharat
Bharat Chintapally
CommerceQuest Inc.
bharat.chintapally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
New Phone # 813-639-6478

                    Janning Vygen
                    <vygen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>               To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
                    Sent by:                           Bharat.Chintapally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx        cc:
                    rytech.com                         Subject:     Re: [xsl] Accessing nth element

                    05/01/01 09:23 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

Am Dienstag,  1. Mai 2001 15:04 schrieb
Bharat.Chintapally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Hello all:
>      I think I need to replace for-each in my XSLT's with recursion. I am
> interested in picking 'x' elements from 'y' (20 for each page from 500
> records) for paging. for-each is working fine, but it is overkill, I
should
> be able to terminate (return from as in procedural lang's) processing
when
> I finish processing 20 records for a given page.
>      I am trying to switch to recursion, but have a quick question. Is
> there a way to fetch an n'th element from given bunch of records. For
> example when I am processing records 20 thru records 40 out of 500
records,
> I would like directly fetch the record #20 from all the records. Is it
> possible..

try something like this

<xsl:for-each select="./records[position() < 20]">

not tested, but with position function inside your XPath expression you
should get the records you want.

janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions