Re: [xsl] date calculation from Excel 1900 Format

Subject: Re: [xsl] date calculation from Excel 1900 Format
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Goetz:

  Thanks for the offer to help, much appreciated.
  I could not seems to find an established algorithm
to derive date from the "1900 format", I would be much
appreciate if anyone has seen one.
  The way I thought I might want to approach it (if I
need to build my own) would be:
Assume t as total number of dates since 1/1/1900
1. find divisor and remainder of t/(366+365+365+365).
This is scope t down to a 4-years span including a
leap year.
2. with the remainder, minus 366,365,365,365 in that
order until result is negative, that scopes t to a
particular year.
3. with the last positive remainder, remove number of
days from each month starting with 31 days in Jan. to
scope t into a particular month, and eventually
particular day within the month.
  As you can see, it is not pretty, and not completely
correct.  The correct way to count leap year is 1 in
every 4, except every 100 and include every 400.  But
I only care recent days and therefore this minor
mistake can be ignored.
  Is there any simpler algorithm?

Much thanks,
Xiaocun