RE: [xsl] html without endtags?

Subject: RE: [xsl] html without endtags?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:40:13 +0100
> This is my problem: I have a for-each that in each part of
> the loop has to
> has to stay
> open for one extra turn in the loop. and the close the turn
> after. Of course
> it is not acceptable to do this, since it leaves the td open,
> without an endtag...

You need to reprogram your brain to stop thinking sequentially.

Write a template that outputs one row of the table. Then think about the
conditions in the source document that cause this row to be output, and
write a corresponding template rule. Within the template rule, access those
nodes in the source document that contribute data to this row of the result.

For more on this kind of grouping problem, see www.jenitennison.com (or my
book XSLT Programmers Reference)

Mike Kay
Software AG