[xsl] How to copy node and pass it to other template

Subject: [xsl] How to copy node and pass it to other template
From: "Yogesh" <yogeshd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:24:58 +0530
Hi,
I am facing problem in my xslt like this:
I want to hold node in a variable and pass that variable to template.
There i try to access the attribute of that node.
But my variable remains empty and using parser gives me exception like this

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Can not convert #UNKNOWN to a
NodeList!
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1630)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1594)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:655)

Please advise!!
Thanx in advance.
Yogesh.