Re: [xsl] Re: Any Doc to XML converter ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Any Doc to XML converter ?
From: "Bob DuCharme" <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:51:21 -0400
> >From a recent MSDN article "Export a Word Document to XML" by Kevin
McDowell
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/odc_expwordtoxml.htm)
>
> "The XML output by this application is very straightforward and very
similar to the
> HTML output by Word itself, but it fully accounts for all styled text,
tables, and
> lists. "

Thanks, I just downloaded it and tried it. I particularly liked all the
choices it offers as far as which information should be included in the XML
markup and which shouldn't.

What I didn't like was when it crashed on me:

   XML Output Options: Word2XML.exe - Application
   The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".

This happened when I picked all the options that I wanted, and it happened
again when I left everything at the default settings. Then I gave up. (I
always wonder when they quote the single word "read"--are they trying to be
"ironic"?)

It still looks like a nice start. I'll keep an eye on it and try it on some
other Windows boxes.

thanks,

Bob