[xsl] Snippet Libraries (Was: Re: Announce: XSLT Cookbook)

Subject: [xsl] Snippet Libraries (Was: Re: Announce: XSLT Cookbook)
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
> The XSLT Cookbook is a new project based on a very successful experiment
> that ActiveState and O'Reilly did called the Python Cookbook. The idea
> of an online Cookbook is to get people to contribute "recipes" that
> other people could then take and use in their programs. In the case of
> the XSLT Cookbook, we are of course talking about XSLT snippets to be
> used in stylesheets and transformations.

The VBXML snippets library is a well established collection of snippets and has a
good number of XSLT snippets. It has been active for many months and has a big user
and contributor groups:

http://vbxml.com/snippetcentral/

There are also other wellknown "places" where to look -- the XSLT FAQ, Chris Bayes'
XML portal and Jeni's website are the first that come into mind.

Before committing to yet another redundant initiative, have a look at all these. It
would be a pity to invest time in writing a "recipee" only to discover that the
wheel (and maybe a better one!) has already been invented.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.