Re: [xsl] transforming hyperlinks encoding(?) problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] transforming hyperlinks encoding(?) problem
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:18:42 -0600 (MDT)
Vic Gar wrote:
> when I open the html file via apache web-server I see the title as should be
> but when I click on the
> link it can't find the file.
>
> I understand that html 4 requires special character in the URI to be
> converted to UTF-8.

That's correct. This is not a problem with your XSLT processor.
It is behaving correctly.

This is more likely an incompatibility between the encoding that
is used by your filesystem for storing filenames, and the way that
whatever handles "file:" URLs on your system goes about decoding
the %xx sequences in the URL. (I doubt that it is Apache doing this;
it is probably your browser's internal URI resolver).

What operating systems are you using?

And did you mean to use "file:" URLs instead of "http:"?

Even if you use http, Apache will probably assume ISO-8859-1 based
%-escaping in the Request URI, and you'll have the same problem,
though you might be able to use mod_rewrite and an external URL
rewriting engine to get it into the format you need.

   - Mike