Re: [xsl] XSLT browser support

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT browser support
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:06:10 +0200
| > That is not true. It is true that the old Netscape 4.x line
| > of browsers don't support XSLT. However, any browser built
| > upon the open sourced code base, for instance NS 6.x and
| > Mozilla 5.x, will have XSLT built in.

| i think the operative term is 'will' here
|
| cheers, jim

I just tried firing up Netscape 6.1 and fetching a document from
my web server like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="x.xsl"?>
<!-- This is the x.xml document -->
<x>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
  <y/>
</x>

with an "x.xsl" stylesheet in the same directory on the web server:

<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:for-each select="x/y">
     <li><xsl:value-of select="position()"/></li>
    </xsl:for-each></ul>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And when I fetch http://mymachine/x.xml

I see the XSLT-rendered bullet list, so Netscape 6.1 does appear
to already have the XSLT support built-in.