[xsl] invalid character was found in text content

Subject: [xsl] invalid character was found in text content
From: "Melvyn Rosengarden" <melrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:03:18 -0400
Network BlitzI am reading an ASCII text created on a mainframe and
converting it to XML.
The file header I create indicates ISO-8859-1 encoding. When I attempt to
parse
my XML file with the MS SAX interface I get the following error;
"invalid character was found in text content". When it first occured I
discovered that an
embedded Hex 1E character was the culprit so my parsing routine "swallowed"
that
character. A few days later the problem reoccured and the culprit was a Hex
05 character.
I do NOT want to be surprised again tomorrow. Is there a comprehensive list
of invalid
characters for the ISO-8859-1 encoding scheme that I could use to create the
necessary
pre-process filter ??
Thanks very much !

Never be afraid to try something new.