Re: [xsl] Global disable-output-escaping

Subject: Re: [xsl] Global disable-output-escaping
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:26:03 -0700
At 21:25 27-09-2001, Joshua.Kuswadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm converting XML with XSL to produce CSV files and the XML documents may contain the string '&amp;' as part of a text node. For example <name>J &amp; G Bloggs</name>.

When the XSL has <xsl:value-of select="name"/>, it returns 'J &amp; G Bloggs', rather than the desired, 'J & G Bloggs'.

No, it returns "J & G Bloggs". Serializing the output as XML causes the bytes "J &amp; G Bloggs" to be written to the file, which is correct.

Is there anyway to get our desired result without having to change all the <xsl:value-of> elements in all our CSV stylesheets to include the disable-output-escaping="yes" attribute?

If you don't want XML output (and CSV is not XML), try requesting something other than XML output. For instance, try using

<xsl:output method="text"/>

HTH,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.