Re: [xsl] Fw: <script> tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fw: <script> tag
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:43:23 +0200
On Mon, Oct 01 '01 at 18:56, David Carlisle wrote:

> > I for one would not call this a bug in xalan, IMHO &gt;&lt; should be
> > converted to <> for js.
>
> No. If you put <> into a script element in an XML file then the file
> will be rejected by the XML parser (as its not well formed)
> [ ... ]
> If the XSLT system is producing non well formed XML then it is a bug
> (even if you would not call it so:-)
I was talking about having <> in the script tag as the ouput result of a
html output method. Of cause you must not have <> in the XML input file
or the XSL-T.
XSL-T may produce non well formed XML, when the output method is not
XML, e.g. this is no problem for text or html output.
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.