Re: [xsl] CDATA Question

Subject: Re: [xsl] CDATA Question
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:14:52 -0400
Jason:

At 02:52 PM 10/3/01, you wrote:
Hello Everyone,

In my xml I have an element that has markup inside a CDATA.  After using
<xsl:copy-of> it only prints the markup to the screen.  Why is this?

Because inside a CDATA section, it's not markup.

One of the strengths of XML's implementation of the markup paradigm is its clear distinction between markup and text. This makes parsing easier and is a big reason for the emergence of the commodity market for tools. The down side is that it makes it a bit tough to blur the lines when you want to. Yet given a clear understanding and a disciplined approach, even these problems can be dealt with.

Cheers,
Wendell