Re: [xsl] transformation problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] transformation problem
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 17:23:47 GMT
On Sat, 06 Oct 2001 19:27:23 +0530, you wrote:

>Hello all,
>even this doesnt work!!
>here is what you we are doing  :
>@name will return a node-set containing the attribute node with name "name".
correct

>possible problems i can think of:( even i am a beginner !!)
>1.can this node  be converted to a string(ie will it return the
>string-value of the node).?
Yes

>2.can we put "variables" in the name attribute of xsl:element tag?
Yes, by means of an 'attribute value template', i.e. putting curly
brackets in it.

>i think more experienced people around would clarify......
>

>Manu
>

>>Sorry, but this will never, never work! But there is a really easy
>>alternative:
>>
>><xsl:element name="@name"/>
This will never work either ;-))
Did you try what I posted yesterday?  The above will try to create an
element with name @name (literally) which is of course illegal.  You
want the value of @name, i.e. as I said before
    <xsl:element name="{@name}"/>
with the curly brackets.

>>Joerg

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx