Re: [xsl] Convert xml to PDF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert xml to PDF
From: "Olivier Collioud" <olivier.collioud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 15:44:19 +0200
1) XML -> HTML -> MS-WORD -> Acrobat -> PDF
or XML -> HTML -> MS-WORD -> PostScript -> Ghostscript -> PDF
2) XML -> ArborText/Epic -> PDF
3) XML -> SGML -> Adobe/FrameMaker+SGML -> PDF
4) XML -> MIF -> Adobe/FrameMaker -> PDF

The use of FO depends on the complexity of your page layout.
If you need bottom floating areas and/or text/image wraparound, for example, you can't use FO.
The solution proposed above are sorted from the less to the most powerful (regarding page layout complexity).
Note that solution 2 and 3 does not involve XSLT.

And if you have time and feel courageous try:
XML -> TeX -> PDF
XML -> RTF -> Word -> ... -> PDF

>>> maillistboxes@xxxxxxxxx 10/08/01 08:11AM >>>
Hi xml gurus,

I am new to this mailing list and xsl as well.
I have a query where I am actually stuck.

I have predefined xmls and I want to write such xsl
which can transform my xml to text version of pdf
format, format somewhat like postscript.
Then I need a program that can convert this format to
actual pdf.
How these 2 things can be done?
Can anyone help me in doing this, please mail if any
more details are required.

I do not want to go in the direction of Formatting
objects. They can make my procedure slow but if there
is very solid reason to go for FOs then I can think in
that direction.

Please see the link I want to do something that is
done here

http://www.notes.net/demos.nsf/lookup/inoteswebaccessde
mo

Thanks