[xsl] Tables of Contents to PDF

Subject: [xsl] Tables of Contents to PDF
From: "Hewko, Doug" <Doug.Hewko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:13:12 -0400
Does anyone know where I can get an example of generating a table of
contents into PDF format? As a side note, I am quite disappointed that when
the XSL standards for FO and HTML were being created, that there wasn't much
commonalities built in. It would have been nice to use most of the same code
in my stylesheet instead of having to re-do everything.

I tried unsuccessfully to use the same code (quite long) for PDF as I have
for my HTML output. But to make life easy, assume the following XML
structure:

<root>
    <chapter>
        <name>First name in table of contents</name>
        <section>
            <name>Sectional Name</name>
        </section>
    </chapter>