[xsl] validating a schema at run time

Subject: [xsl] validating a schema at run time
From: "Ian Rogers" <ian.rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:51:06 +0100
hi

i am trying to validate my xml agianst a schema. I have used a tool which
validates my xml and have found  that my xml is valide.  the trouble i am
having is loading in the schema to the xml file so it validates the xml when
it runs

this is my schema code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

<xsd:element name="transactions">
<..etc..>

and my xml code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<transactions
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/XMLSchema-instance";
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:trans.xsd">

	<details>
<..etc..>

i have tried using namespaces but with the same result.what happens is it
just displays the xml file to the browser instead of the result of the
xml/xslt.

can anyone see what i am doing wrong or give me any information on
validating a xml socument against a schema when it is run.

thanks

Ian