Re: [xsl] outputting nodes with attribute - supressing the rest

Subject: Re: [xsl] outputting nodes with attribute - supressing the rest
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:05:02 +0100

> The method I use to select only those nodes that have the
> attribute 'render' with a value of 'full' does not suppress
> output of the remaining nodes which are rendered by virtue of
> the built in rules.

No.

If you only selected the nodes you want, the built in rules wouldn't
apply to the rest, they just wouldn't be selected.

ie if you do
<xsl:apply-templates select="section[@render="full]"/>

then the other sections will not be processed.

Conversely if you select everything, just define a different default
rule.

ie if you do

 <xsl:apply-templates select="section"/>

then you also need

<xsl:template match="section"/>

ie an empty template to zap sections, and

<xsl:template match="section[@render='fill']">
...a more sepcific template to process these

David