[xsl] Sorting outside of a for-each

Subject: [xsl] Sorting outside of a for-each
From: "Steve Bruce" <casey7_3_99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:32:18 -0500
Hi,

The XML I am using to create a HTML page is not generated in a sorted order. Below is a subset of the XML I am using.

<country_name country_id="US">United States</country_name>
<country_name country_id="US">United States Dollar</country_name>
<country_name country_id="GB">United Kingdom Pound</country_name>
<country_name country_id="GB">United Kingdom</country_name>
<country_name country_id="FR">France Francs</country_name>
<country_name country_id="FR">France</country_name>
<country_name country_id="DE">Germany</country_name>
<country_name country_id="DE">Germany Marks</country_name>

<country_sort country_sort_id="US">
<country_sort country_sort_id="GB">
<country_sort country_sort_id="FR">
<country_sort country_sort_id="DE">

The country_name tags are not returned in a sorted order. I want to loop by the country_sort tags, because they only show 1 instance of the items in the country_name tags. If I looped by the country_name, I would duplicate my results. For my output, I want to return the country_name for the country_sort_id that excludes the currency (dollar, pounds, francs, marks). So, what I believe I want to do is a for-each on the country_sort tag and then return the first country_name field for that id, assuming the country_name tags have been sorted in ascending order. This would then ensure the name with the currency is always second.

However, I have not been able to determine a process for sorting the country_name tag without a corresponding for-each. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Steve