[xsl] MSXML 4.0 install warning

Subject: [xsl] MSXML 4.0 install warning
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:21:31 +0100
Just in case it saves anybody else the five hours of wasted time it
caused me:

If you install the new release version of MSXML 4 on Win2K, it insists
you download Windows Installer 2 first. So I did, and installed MSXML 4.
But after that none of my O2K apps will start. Up pops the installer,
claims the O2K install needs repairing, then that all the *.msi files I
feed it are invalid. I suppose this is meant to force an upgrade to
Office XP. I knew I'd have to give up on MS Office some time, but didn't
expect to have the decision forced on me like this.

Michael