RE: [xsl] <sort lang="sv"/> in Saxon

Subject: RE: [xsl] <sort lang="sv"/> in Saxon
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:58:14 +0200
"Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> Someone else wrote
> > Using Saxon 6.2. I had expected another result from the
> > following code:
[sort code snipped]
> Saxon doesn't have built-in support for the Swedish collating sequence. It
> allows you to add this (or any other) collating sequence yourself,...

I find it interesting that the spec basically states:
 - lang specifies the language of the sort keys;...

I could not find anything which mandates the processor to even
take a serious look at the language, not to mention doing
anything the user might expect like doing the sort according
to the local collating sequence. Is this about to change
in the next release of the standard?
And, just for curiosity, does anybody know the rationale for
inventing the xsl:lang attribute rather than using xml:lang?

HTH
J.Pietschmann