Re: [xsl] How to deal with special characters in XSL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to deal with special characters in XSL?
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:05:45 -0400
[Amiceto Lopez]

> ok maybe I din't explain my little problem about &nbsp;:
>
> sometimes I neet <td>&nbsp;</td> for netscape right cell dispalying
> or sometimes just &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; to force a big white space
>
> all in the middle of the html code outputed
> I've tryed all the solutions given but no way till now

I do that with &#160;, just like everyone else is telling you.  Would you
tell us why you claim that it doesn't work? I mean whether the HTML, when
displayed in Netscape, does look as if it has a non-breaking space in the
table cell.

Tell you what - why don't you write a tiny version of the xslt that only
produces a table with one cell that contains two &#160;, surrounded by a
littletext so the double space will be visible,  send us the output, and
maybe someone can see what is going on.  Also sasy what version of NS and
what OS you are using.

Cheers,

Tom P