RE: [xsl] create multiple documents

Subject: RE: [xsl] create multiple documents
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:25:31 +0100
> >From my experience, the primary use case for multiple output
> documents
> is batch processing. We used this often in the earlier days, when HTML
> files were generated offline from XML and put in the server file tree.
> As everyone uses XSL now online in the server, i wonder why it's still
> that high on the wish list for XSL 2.0.

Surely lots of people still do bulk publishing of static content. Doing this
"on-demand" every time someone requests a page is crazy. Even with caching,
it's much more efficient to do the transformations once, when the content is
produced, rather than doing work on the server every time it's requested.

Mike Kay