[xsl] Passing in Parameters

Subject: [xsl] Passing in Parameters
From: Kevin_Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:51:19 -0400
Could someone clarify something for me. I have looked in the FAQ's but
could not find any statement about this.

I have several parameters I pass to my style sheet from a servlet. Within
my stylesheet I then place several tags that look like:
<xsl:param name="TRANSFORMER_userFormat">windows</xsl:param>.

Everything works fine. However, I removed a reference to one of my param
statements just to test something and the value was still obtained. Is my
use of this tag unnecessary. Is it only used to indicate a default value if
the value is not obtained from the servlet? This is no big deal I just want
to better understand what is going on.

Thanks