RE: [xsl] AElfred parser is namespace-aware??

Subject: RE: [xsl] AElfred parser is namespace-aware??
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:52:36 +0100
> I get the following error when installing Saxon.
> This maybe a newbie question, seeing how I am a newbie to saxon.
> Thanks for any help
>
> javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: AElfred parser is
> namespace-aware

The JAXP javax.xml.parsers.ParserFactory interface has a method
setNamespaceAware(). If this is called setting the value to false, Saxon
produces this error message. In an XSLT context, XML parsing is always
namespace aware, so I didn't see any need to provide a non-namespace aware
mode for Saxon's built-in parser.

If you didn't call this method explicitly, let me know how you are invoking
the parser (preferably on the Saxon list at saxon.sourceforge.net, since
this is a product-specific question).

Mike Kay