[xsl] ***********Transformation of an XML document containing a default namespace ************

Subject: [xsl] ***********Transformation of an XML document containing a default namespace ************
From: "florence amardeilh" <florence.amardeilh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:50:24 +0200
Hi everyone,

it seems not possible to transform an XML document containing a default
namespace with XSLT in an other XML document containing the same default
namespace. Is it true or false ? When I try to transform this example
document :
"element.xml" -->
<element xmlns="http://www.e-xmlmedia.com/test/";>
<titi>titi</titi>
<toto>toto</toto>
<tata>tata</tata>
</element>

in this one :
"result.xml"-->
<ELEMENT xmlns="http://www.e-xmlmedia.com/test/";>
<TITI>titi</TITI>
<TOTO>toto</TOTO>
<TATA>tata</TATA>
</ELEMENT>

via this stylesheet :
"element.xsl" -->
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.e-xmlmedia.com/test/";
  <xsl:template match="/element">
    <ELEMENT xmlns="http://www.e-xmlmedia.com/test/";>
      <xsl:apply-templates />
    </ELEMENT>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="test:titi">
    <TITI>
      <xsl:value-of select="." />
    </TITI>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="test:toto">
    <TOTO>
      <xsl:value-of select="." />
    </TOTO>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="test:tata">
    <TATA>
      <xsl:value-of select="." />
    </TATA>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

But it doesn't work. I want in both document the same default namespace to
be present in order to make the documents valid. But if I do like this, the
XSLT transformation find the information but doesn't put any of the tags in
uppercase and so my browser can't use it. In fact I obtain this file
"result.xml" :
titi
toto
tata

What's wrong ? Isn't it possible to transform a document containing a
default namespace ???????????

Thanks for any help, I really don't understand this !

Florence Amardeilh.