[xsl] same element attribut-id - different treatment

Subject: [xsl] same element attribut-id - different treatment
From: Heidi Widmer <heidi_widmer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:32:07 +0100 (BST)
Hello everyone!

I'm working on a XSL to convert XML-files to HTML and
I am blocked with a problem.

In the XML-file I've got several elements, that look
like this:

<subject>

<speech_text speaker_id="9005">
 <pd_text>
  <pd_text>
</speech_text>

<speech_text speaker_id="1000">
 <pd_text>
  <pd_text>
</speech_text>

<speech_text speaker_id="1000">
 <pd_text>
  <pd_text>
</speech_text>

</subject>

The problem is: sometimes, two speech-text-elements,
that follow each other, do have the same id. In this
case, I want a different treatement for the first
element than for those who follow.

For this, I want to test, if the id of the current
speach-text element is the same as the id of the
preceding element.
I've tried something like this, but it doesn't work:

<xsl:template match="speech_text">
<xsl:if test="@speaker_id=@speaker_id[position()-1]">
</xsl:if>

I know, the position()-1 argument doesnt work/is
wrong, but I don't have an other idea..

I hope you can help me... Thanks

Heidi Widmer