[xsl] Basic server-side transformation questions

Subject: [xsl] Basic server-side transformation questions
From: southen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:03:04 -0400
I turned to this mailinglist for help because I am at my wits end and really can't figure this out.  I have some movie reviews written in XML, and I thought they were transformed with XSL (example: http://www.terriblemovies.com/reviews/xml/976-evil.xml).  However, I was recently told that it was not 'real' xsl, and that many browsers don't even read it (which I already knew).  The reason why I chose to use that particular XSL was because I wanted tags I put in the XML file to be read - <b>s and <i>s etc. that I don't think could have been displayed via standard XSL transformation sheet.  So what I wanted to do was to have the transformation done server-side, so that all browsers can read the reviews.

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.  I'll say right off the bat that I'm running on Apache (did I get that right?).  I'm not sure if my server is set up for this (how can I tell / what do I ask), how to use it if it's installed, how to have the XML or XSL file to point to it....

I would greatly appreciate ANY help on this.  Thanks so much!!
Craig