Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems
From: David_N_Bertoni@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:29:00 -0500
Hi Paul,

Xalan should have no problem parsing and transforming and xml document
encoded in ISO-8859-1.  If there is a problem, it's a bug.

> Xalan dies immediately because the it cannot read the encoding which is
set to
> ISO-8859-1.

I'm having trouble parsing this sentence.  Can you clarify what you mean?

> In addition, the author placed the copyright symbol which is not part of
the ASCII
> set and Xalan also dies on this.

Again, if the document is properly encoded, there should be no problem with
the copyright symbol.

You should post a message on the Xalan developer list, or better yet,
create a minimal source document and stylesheet which reproduces the
problem and post a bug in Bugzilla:

   http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Dave

                    "Raul Rodriguez"
                    <raulnyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>              To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                           cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:     [xsl] Xalan Encoding Problems
                    rytech.com

                    10/29/2001 12:10 PM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

Hi:

I downloaded the latest version of Xalan and tried to use it to process a
barcode generator stylesheet that I downloaded from RenderX.  Xalan dies
immediately because the it cannot read the encoding which is set to
ISO-8859-1.  In addition, the author placed the copyright symbol which is
not part of the ASCII set and Xalan also dies on this.  Saxon and XT do not

have this problem and are able to render the barcode.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  The barcodes need this encoding
otherwise it cannot product the veritical lines.

Thanks

Raul