[xsl] Passing XML Document

Subject: [xsl] Passing XML Document
From: "Hellstern, Manny" <manny.hellstern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:54:55 -0600
I'm not sure this if appropriate for this list, if it isn't, let me
apologize in advance.

I'm developing an application in which I am using XML/XSL to collect data
from a form. The form looks like

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

The objects I'm using are:

	var objXSLT=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDomDocument");
	objXSLT.async=false; objXSLT.load("LoanData.xsl");

	var objCompiled=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate");
	objCompiled.stylesheet=objXSLT.documentElement;

	var objXML=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDomDocument");
	objXML.async=false;
	objXML.load("LoanData.xml");

	var objXSLProc=objCompiled.createProcessor();
	objXSLProc.input=objXML;

As the user moves from tab to tab I have a function that scrolls through the
controls within the current tab, selects the appropriate node in "objXML"
and then updates the value.

This all works great, now to the problem.  From the screen print you can see
a button labeled "Review Application".  Currently I am using XMLHTTP to POST
"objXML" to an ASP page, do a transform using "review.xsl" and then write
the output to a DIV in the page. What I want to do is change this so that I
open up a new browser window showing the output from the transform.

Any suggestions?

Manny J. Hellstern
System Analyst
Mustang Engineering