Re: [xsl] embed XML island in stylesheet?

Subject: Re: [xsl] embed XML island in stylesheet?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:37:35 GMT
   Is it possible to embed an island of xml into an XSLT stylesheet?
   If possible, I want to access it through document() along with
   the main XML source. This would be as an alternative to loading
   the xml island from a file using document(). Thanks.

an XSLT stylesheet _is_ an XML document so there is no need to talk of
islands, surely. (Which is a microsoft notion for embedding something
that looks like xml into something that looks like html, resulting in a
file unparseable by either an xml or html parser, as far as I can see).
You can access the stylesheet using document() using the empty relative
URI of '' and then navigate to whatever nodes in that document that you
want, using XPath.

David