Re: [xsl] embed XML island in stylesheet?

Subject: Re: [xsl] embed XML island in stylesheet?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:17:11 GMT
> My remaining problem is getting this second technique working:

If you use xsl:variable, you don't use document, you use $, as I showed.
If you want to query into the node set as opposed to just copying it
(which was why I explicitly mentioned copying in my first post)
then you either need to use document('') or convert the variable to a
node set using a node-set() extension function. pretty much all
processors have an extension function with that local name in their
specific namespace. (In saxon, somewhat unfortunately, you don't need to
use a node-set function as it implements the XSLT 1.1 draft where thos
is implicit.)

There's bound to be examples of this in the faq, or just type some
likely sounding phrase into google.

David