Re: [xsl] Sorting an unsorted list of (xml) children and packing them into rows

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting an unsorted list of (xml) children and packing them into rows
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:57:11 GMT
first the easy one.

>  can I do a logical AND without having to nest <xsl:if>s?

Some FAQs I understand, as some features of XSLT are maybe strange at
first sight, but this one which seems to be coming up most days at the
moment, although it was "or" last time rather than "and", I really
don't. There must be something about the XPath spec why people don't
spot this easily. the syntax for logical and is:   and  .

> Does anyone have any suggestions?
I think Jeni's site has some examples. Either you have to do something
like you have or better if you don't mind using a node-set() extension
function is first get all the nodes into a (sorted) list in a variable,
then apply the more straight forward grouping templates to the node set
you get by using select="xx:node-set($x)" where xx: is your processor's
node-set extension function. (If you are using saxon you don't need
node-set())

David