Re: Re: [xsl] Grouping with XSLT

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Grouping with XSLT
From: "Michael Geiling" <mgeiling@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:15:15 +0100
Hi Jeni,

>Since you can never predict which hours are going to actually be
>involved in an activity, I think you'd be safer generating these times
>using a recursive template. To create a heading for every hour, you
>could use something like:

thanks for you help.
I'm getting greedy now and want to expand the whole thing:
- generate a table that has some sort of header
when I do this like this
<xsl:template match="/">
<h1>...</h1>
<th width="35"><div align="center">
</th>
<th width="50">
</th>
<xsl:call-template name="createDiary"/>
</xsl:template>

I get the table header after generating the diary. Do I misunderstand
something in calling the template ?

- I also want to have the actual time and activity in a table; is
there a trick in how to put some table row generation into a recursive function ?

- for each hour I need to check if there is an activity ongoing where
the start time is < than the actual hour; i.e. if an activity start at
9:15 and runs for 3 hours it should be listed in the 10:00 and 11:00
row. Is it at all possible to use the 'key' to get the values of
preceeding nodes for comparison ?

Michael