Re: [xsl] PHP integration with XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] PHP integration with XSLT
From: dfour <dfour@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:30:48 -0500
Well , storing in a file is slow, I agree.

But you're not obliged to save the content you get in a file !
I don't know what kind of process you want to do with PHP, but with the
solution I use I can process the original xml file before and after
transformation by XSL.

So it's a matter of programming : either you use PHP to alter the original
xml file then you transform the result with xsl and you send that to the
browser; either you process the result of the transformation then send that
to the browser.

So there is no overcost of saving in a file. And in both cases you get the
benefice of gathering XSLT and PHP (in my opinion a very efficient pair of
programming languages).

Actually, in my case, I did it because I want to store the final
transformation as static xhtml files (not so static because I use Javascript
on these pages to interact with the client).

Daniel