Re: [xsl] Looping over a CSV in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Looping over a CSV in XSL
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:37:33 +0100
"Khan, Amir" <amkhan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem such that I call a transform engine and for the XSL I set
> one of the parameters to be a CSV.

If you want only test whether a string in a token in the CSV you can
skip all the fancy parsing an stick to using contains(), you'll only
have to include the delimiters to avoid spurious substring matches:

  <xsl:variable name="normalized-csv"
    select="concat(',',translate($param,' ',''),',')"/>

  <xsl:if test="contains($normalized-csv,concat(',',$value,','))">

You'll have to prepend/append a comma so that the test will also
find the first and the last value in the CSV.

HTH
J.Pietschmann