Re: [xsl] character entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] character entities
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:04:38 GMT
> The trouble is that your lovely logic about the children of the doc

yes, you don't want to know how many ../../following-sibling::x/y/following-sibling::z
I have in these sheets:-)

> And of course neither works with entity references within attribute
> values.

which I don't have (except for character entities, which as you say, are
sort of different even though XML decided they were not)

Which leads to the suggestion of having entity start and end markers in
the infoset (and Xpath data model) but I don't know really whether I'd
go that far.

Oh well, back to using sed:-)

David